Last week, I attended the Extra Life Toronto Guild Kickoff Meeting at SickKids Hospital. With dozens of gamers in attendance, the staff at Sick Kids and the Extra Life Toronto Guild gave us an inspiring presentation that demonstrated how important our fundraising efforts are. It served as a wonderful reminder that video games and our interactions with them can mean so much more than just the immediate gratification we get from playing them.
Extra Life 2018 has come and gone, but the story is’t quite over just yet. As part of signing up as an Extra Life Platinum member and raising as much as we did for the Children’s Miracle Network of Hospitals, we unlocked the silver medal!
It’s a wonderful symbol of everything great that came out that experience! To top it off, I got it engraved with each team member’s first initial to make sure the whole team was represented on this memento. It means so much more with this added touch!
Earlier this week, I took the time to mount it on my wall. Now every time I stream, you can see the medal in the back to commemorate the hard work, great times, and positive impact we made on the world as a team!
One more time, the thank you list! It’s admittedly a copy/paste with some slight edits, but it’s still relevant and still means just as much!
- Thank you to all of the donors whose generosity will help improve the lives of patients and staff at Sick Kids Hospital in Toronto!
- Thank you to my wife and Executive Producer of the marathon, Steff. She helped with the planning of virtually every aspect of this marathon, including all of the work behind the scenes to ensure that everyone was comfortable throughout this insane journey.
- Thank you to my cousin Adrienne for lending us her photography lights and backdrop.
- Thank you to the team! Randy, Jenna, Mat, Jon, Jason, Laura, Kris, Rachel, Michelle, Jascha, Janis, and Dusty. You’re all rock stars and your time and effort towards supporting the cause was (and still is) greatly appreciated! Couldn’t have done this without you.
- Thank you to everyone who tuned in! We hope that we put on a great show for you and your support helped us get through this difficult-but-fun marathon!
This was an amazing experience and I can’t wait to pick up where we left off for the 2019 campaign!