If I plan on selling you my voice and personality as the reason to regularly check in with this site, I probably should give you at least a few tidbits about me to start. If you’ve got a “25 Things About Me As A Gamer” that you’d like to share with me and the rest of the world, leave it in the comments section!
1. Super Mario Brothers on the Nintendo Entertainment System changed my life before I hit kindergarten.
2. I didn’t own an NES growing up. Instead, my parents bought me a Famicom because they knew where to get all the bootleg Japanese games from.
3. In this current console cycle, I own an XBOX 360, Wii and DS. Most of my gaming currently is on the 360.
4. I keep an Excel file of all the games I currently own.
5. I learned how to play real drums by playing Rock Band.
6. I have been lurking the NeoGAF forums for many years now.
7. A few of the games I’m anxiously awaiting to play are The Beatles: Rock Band, Left 4 Dead 2, Scribblenauts and DJ Hero.
8. I still own an Atari 2600 and about 15 games. My favourite of the bunch is Bezerk.
9. Not sure whether or not I should be proud or ashamed of this one, but I’ve played over 5,000 Tetris DS matches. Proof:
11. Gaming podcasts are a big part of my day. I currently subscribe to 19 of them. I don’t get to listen to every single episode every week, but I get to what I can!
12. I own a few video game t-shirts, but I have very picky taste. In particular, I hate t-shirts that try and slap some sort of pop-culture reference onto a video game t-shirt to make it less nerdy.
13. Part of the reason why I started this site is because I don’t really have any other gamer friends to talk to. 😦
14. I’m proud to have attended Video Games Live.
15. Remember that promo video for Donkey Kong Country? I received that in the mail from Nintendo years ago and I must have watched it about 100 times before I finally got the game for Christmas.
16. Many years ago, I had the chance to play Super Mario 64 before it came out and it blew my mind.
18. Leading up to my 9th birthday, my parents teased me for weeks saying that they got me a TurboGrafx-16 instead of the Super Nintendo I had been begging for. At one point, I broke down and cried over it.
19. Currently, I’ve been playing a lot of Street Fighter IV online. My main character is Akuma.
20. At the height of my Rock Band obsession, my Rock Band setup was kind of crazy:
21. I’ve brought in both my Wii and my XBOX 360 to college so my classmates and I could play video games in empty classrooms on the big projector.
22. Super Nintendo vs. Sega Genesis? Super Nintendo all the way.
23. There are a few games I’ve bought on the first day they came out and years later, I still haven’t played them.
24. I love gaming on my iPod Touch. My two favourite games on the platform to date are Peggle and Drop 7.
25. In spite of those last 24 things, I still have a girlfriend. *knocks on wood furiously*