What Do You Want in a Street Fighter IV Update?

Capcom announced at PAX East that Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition was getting another balance patch. Though I’m mostly fine with the game in its current state, it’s a smart way to keep the competitive scene active, which has proven critical to the success of this game.

What do you want out of another Street Fighter IV update? Personally, I’m cool with mostly the usual stuff, such as nerfing some of the stronger characters and buffing the weaker ones. Also, it’d be nice if they could find a way to get rid of unblockables, which seem to have become very problematic in tournaments. I can’t say I’m anxiously awaiting this update, but I’ll sure take advantage of it when the time comes – as long as they don’t nerf Rose 😉.

Let’s discuss in the comments!

Buy Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition Now on Amazon.com

See More at the In Third Person Store

7 thoughts on “What Do You Want in a Street Fighter IV Update?

1. jsicktheslick April 8, 2013 / 12:03 AM

Not being that much into the game nowadays, I would agree that I’d like to see the same ol’ balancing/nerfing act done again. But for someone that hasn’t played the game in awhile, I’d want something that will draw me back to the game. It doesn’t have to be anything like new characters (though that’d be great), but maybe, and I’m just thinking from the top of my head, a 2v2 option, or extra Achievements/Trophies to earn, or maybeeeeee…. Yeah, I don’t know. That’s all I’ve got right now 🙂

2. One More! Advantage May 6, 2013 / 8:03 PM

This isn’t going to happen but i wish they would do what they did with third strike and add another ultra for everyone as this would help bring players back to the game too. The big problem with that is that they already have to rebalance the game and added new ultra for everyone would need a whole new balance on top.

• Jett May 7, 2013 / 9:11 AM

Thanks for the comment!

A new ultra would be an interesting idea. I don’t see why they would need to balance it twice when they in theory could add the ultras in first and then do a full re-balance afterwards.

• One More! Advantage May 7, 2013 / 6:15 PM

If they added them first then you’re right and it’d be great! Knowing Capcom though I don’t see them doing it.

I think people are expecting the top tier to plummet and be nerfed alot more than they are actually going too though, hell all i want is yang’s cross up and abit of damage back :3

• Jett May 7, 2013 / 9:18 PM

After facing (and getting destroyed by) Chi Rithy’s Yang back at T12, I think Yang is just fine in his current state 😉

I hardly ever see Yang players anymore after the 2012 update. All the bandwagon jumpers left for greener pastures…presumably Cammy. I’m guessing you’ve stayed true to your boy?

• One More! Advantage May 8, 2013 / 3:23 PM

I did 🙂 Chi Rithy is a very strong player, so cool you got to play him!

I could live without the cross up but I would love to see him just get a little of his damage back but like you say he isn’t terrible. There was a huge shift towards Cammy after AE 2012 but I love Yang’s play style.

• Jett May 8, 2013 / 9:36 PM

It’s important to pick characters that you love playing as. Most of the time you’ll get more out of characters whose play style you like rather than going top tier. I know Rose is not considered to be a good character, but I have fun and am way more successful with her.

Have you played in a tournament before? I’ve been to a few, though not lately. If T14 in Toronto doesn’t fall on the weekend of my girlfriend’s birthday, then I’ll probably attend that.