The Punch-Out #tysonchallenge battle continues! I make some decent strides, but this battle isn’t over until Mr. Dream is knocked out once and for all! Your move, Double Jump!
I entrust that everyone watched all of our Extra Life 2018 marathon as it happened on Twitch, right? 😉
Just in case you missed out, here’s a playlist with all of the action! From our team of rookie chefs burning down the kitchen in Overcooked 2, to the hotly-contested #tysonchallenge, to the silliest rap battle you’ve ever seen, to Jenna’s 1am dance moves, to Randy’s night shift, to our epic quest to defeat M. Bison before the marathon ended, it’s all there!
Shout-outs to everyone who starred in the show!
Highlights and write-ups to come as I work my way through all of the footage. For now, enjoy/relive the whole show!
We did it! The show started at 8am on November 3rd, but it’s truly been months – if not years – in the making. So glad that we were all able to pull this together to help raise an amazing $800 for the Children’s Miracle Network of Hospitals! Technically, the show is still going, as Randy and Jenna want to play more Overwatch, but I’m going to get some much-needed rest.
A now, a few words of thanks.
- Thank you to all of the donors whose generosity will help improve the lives of patients and staff at Sick Kids Hospital in Toronto!
- Thank you to my wife and Executive Producer of the marathon, Steff. She helped with the planning of virtually every aspect of this marathon, including all of the work behind the scenes to ensure that everyone was comfortable throughout this insane journey.
- Thank you to my cousin Adrienne for lending us her photography lights and backdrop.
- Thank you to all of the special guests who appeared during the marathon and on the streams leading up to the big show! Randy, Jenna, Mat, Jon, Jason, Laura, Kris, Rachel, Michelle, Jascha, Janis, and Dusty; you’re all rock stars and your time and effort towards supporting the cause was greatly appreciated!
- Bonus shout-out to Kris & Rachel the extra effort they put into figuring out co-streaming with me. We didn’t get to use it for the marathon, but until Squad Streaming sees the light of day, that extra effort will pay off in our future streaming adventures together.
- Thank you to everyone who tuned in! We hope that we put on a great show for you and your support helped us get through this fun-but-difficult marathon!
It took a lot of effort from many people to pull this all together, but I think it was well worth it for the money we raised for the kids and the fun times we had. Until next time….time for me to get some much-needed sleep.
It started out as a troll.
At the end of Rachel of Double Jump fame’s Dr. Mario stream, we were all talking about the NES Classic. Rachel had just played Punch-Out for the first time the night before and was singing its praises. In that moment, I asked her if she could fight against Mr. Dream/Mike Tyson for us. She had no idea what was coming.