Wishing all of my American friends a Happy Thanksgiving!
To celebrate, I thought I’d share a clip from a previous stream that happened around the time of Canadian Thanksgiving last month. Still thankful for all of the same things! What are you thankful for today?
The process of streaming is generally a solitary experience in front of the webcam. You get your game feed and one webcam feed with the streamer playing the game. From there, you play the game while engaging with the chat as best you can. I’ve grown accustomed to that process and enjoy it. There’s something cool about being able to have these quasi-direct conversations with others in the chat that you’d never have otherwise. However, there’s a magic that happens when you bring multiple people together face-to-face, or at least voice-to-voice. As if making a regular stream wasn’t hard enough, it’s even more difficult to put multiple people from different places in the same window.
We did it! The show started at 8am on November 3rd, but it’s truly been months – if not years – in the making. So glad that we were all able to pull this together to help raise an amazing $800 for the Children’s Miracle Network of Hospitals! Technically, the show is still going, as Randy and Jenna want to play more Overwatch, but I’m going to get some much-needed rest.
A now, a few words of thanks.
- Thank you to all of the donors whose generosity will help improve the lives of patients and staff at Sick Kids Hospital in Toronto!
- Thank you to my wife and Executive Producer of the marathon, Steff. She helped with the planning of virtually every aspect of this marathon, including all of the work behind the scenes to ensure that everyone was comfortable throughout this insane journey.
- Thank you to my cousin Adrienne for lending us her photography lights and backdrop.
- Thank you to all of the special guests who appeared during the marathon and on the streams leading up to the big show! Randy, Jenna, Mat, Jon, Jason, Laura, Kris, Rachel, Michelle, Jascha, Janis, and Dusty; you’re all rock stars and your time and effort towards supporting the cause was greatly appreciated!
- Bonus shout-out to Kris & Rachel the extra effort they put into figuring out co-streaming with me. We didn’t get to use it for the marathon, but until Squad Streaming sees the light of day, that extra effort will pay off in our future streaming adventures together.
- Thank you to everyone who tuned in! We hope that we put on a great show for you and your support helped us get through this fun-but-difficult marathon!
It took a lot of effort from many people to pull this all together, but I think it was well worth it for the money we raised for the kids and the fun times we had. Until next time….time for me to get some much-needed sleep.